Jumia sales

Acquire Skill To Make Money Online

Acquire Skill To Make Money Online
training

Konga

Konga
Konga Nigeria

Jumia Week

Friday 19 May 2017

Uber Driver Strangled To Death By Gang.

A Lagos taxi driver operating under Uber, an online public transport scheme, Alex Iniovosa, has been killed by some
passengers suspected to be robbers in the Ogba area of the state.
PUNCH Metro learnt that the suspects – Osharon Egberenmuen, 31; Micheal Eyoekpe, 27 ; and one Destiny (still at large) – had sought the service of late Iniovosa sometime in March 2017, under false pretences that they wanted him to take them somewhere.

It was said that after the three-man gang had perfected the robbery plan, they called him on the telephone around 9pm to meet them around Eyoekpe’s shop in Ogba.
Our correspondent gathered that Egberenmuen and Daniel had agreed to snatch Iniovosa’s car, a Rio Kia, while Eyoekpe, a screen printer, promised to facilitate the selling of the vehicle.
As the driver took off from the spot, the suspects, who were sitting in the back, reportedly strangled him with a belt.

Egberenmuen, who hails from Edo State, was said to have subsequently driven the vehicle to Oremeji Street, Obawole, Ogba, where the corpse of the driver was dumped.
It was learnt that the deceased’s family had declared him missing and reported to the police, leading to the arrest of Egberenmuen, who led operatives to the College area of the state, where Eyoekpe was apprehended.
Eyoekpe, an indigene of Cross River State, said, “Three weeks ago, I went to play a sports bet at Ogba bus stop around 8pm and met Osharon (Egberanmu). We later went to a beer parlour to drink. Because we left the bar late, he passed the night in my house.

“The following day, he told me that a friend wanted to sell a car and I told him that I knew somebody who could buy it. In the evening of that day, he told me how he would get the car and showed me a dagger and a belt. I told him that I was not interested in the deal.
“On the day the man was killed, he came to meet Destiny and me in my shop. As we wanted to go and meet the driver, my phone rang. I told them that I wanted to see one of my girlfriends and asked them to go.
“Around 10pm, they came to my house with the vehicle and asked me to call the person that would buy the car. The man, my former boss, asked how we got the vehicle. I explained to him and he said he was not interested in buying it.

“I told Osharon to take the car away and warned him not to call me again.”
However, Egberenmuen said it was Eyoekpe who initiated the robbery, adding that it was planned several days before execution.
He said, “When I met Micheal, I told him that I was broke and I was supposed to go back to Benin, Edo State. At the beer parlour, he asked me if it was possible for us to do a deal. I asked what kind of a deal and he said we should get a car.

“He said his former boss would buy the car. From that day, we met more frequently to perfect the plan. He introduced me to Destiny.
“Around 9pm, we contacted Alex (Iniovosa) to come to pick us around Michael’s shop in Ogba. As Destiny and I were inside the taxi, I put the belt on the driver’s neck and Destiny strangled him. We eventually dumped the body on the street.”
Briefing journalists on the arrest, the Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Fatai Owoseni, said the suspects were being investigated for kidnapping and murder, adding that the command had intensified efforts at arresting the fleeing suspect, Destiny.
Source: Punch Newspaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment