Friday, 7 March 2014
Poisonous Chemical discovered in Ogba Grammar as Lagos State reopen Ogba Shopping Arcade.
If you recall 13 students of Ogba junior Grammar School collapsed after inhaling an unidentified poisonous fumes around the school. In a swift reaction yesterday 6/3/2014 officials of National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) and it Lagos State counterpart LASEMA, SEEHMU check the school compound and the Ogba Shopping Arcade yesterday but noting was found.
The officials of all the agency resumed work this morning 7/3/2014 in which all the Suite in Ogba Shopping arcade were checked on after the other and notting was discovered, the officials then move again to the school to check the school premises, it was at that point the officials discovered a chemical called carbad in the school which was suspected to be the cause of what is happening in the school, it was said that one of their science teacher that normally ask the students to bring the said chemical for practical which after it the chemical was not been dispose properly.
As a result of this Lagos State Government as ordered that the Shopping complex to be open while investigation on the chemical discovered is this going on.
It our hope this time around that all the agency will be able to finally find a final solution to this and help safe the life of the students, the affected students are also said to be responding to treatment at Lagos state teaching hospital.